Transcriptions are written copies of your video research and can be valuable tools in reporting, allowing you to leverage Video Insight's search capabilities to find that key moment from your video faster.
Leveraging Transcripts in Search
Clicking "Search" at the top of your VI dashboard will take you into an area where you can search across all your projects. Any text you enter here in the search box will search across not only video titles, but also clip titles, tags, project titles, descriptions and transcripts.
The "Search" page offers much more than a simple text search. You can search for individual words, or combine words into phrases using quotes, such as "Grocery Shopping", to find results which include that specific phrase. Additionally, you can further narrow results using AND and NOT conditions within your phrases. Below are a few examples.
- Will display any content that includes both "grocery" and "shopping", listed in that exact order.
"grocery shopping" AND "Costco"
- Will display any content that includes the phrase "grocery shopping" and "Costco".
"grocery shopping" NOT "Costco"
- Will display any content that includes the phrase "grocery shopping" but does not include the word "Costco".
Downloading and reading through your interview in a Word document might be your preferred way of reporting. If you would like to download a copy of your transcript, first navigate to the video you'd like to download a transcript for and select the document icon.
When can I expect my transcripts?
- The standard turnaround time for transcripts is two business days, and that clock starts as soon as your video hits VI. Expedited 24-hour transcripts are also available when ordering.
- Transcripts can be ordered when booking your project. To order transcripts during booking, just let your Project Manager or Coordinator know when discussing your project.
- If you would like to request transcripts after your research has concluded, click the blue "Help" button in VI. Then enter the necessary information (Project Number, video name, etc.) and click "Send".