To keep your content secure, access to Video Insights is given on a project-by-project basis. The below instructions outline how to view a project's users, add users to the project, and provide the information you need to select the appropriate role for each user you add.
Alternatively, if you are a Project Administrator or a Research Coordinator, you can use Secure Share links to provide access to any number of users quickly and easily.
To view the users for a project, first navigate to the project and click the “Setup” drop-down box in the project toolbar. Then select “Project Members”.
The Project Members page includes a list of all users that have been added to the project, along with the following tools and information:
1. Add Members: Allows you to add users to one or more projects by sending them invites and setting their role permissions.
2. Member Summary: Displays the total numbers of project users and pending user invites.
3. Access Filter: Allows you to select a new field by which to view the user list. Can be set to one of the following:
- Enabled: Users who are currently enabled with access to the project.
- Deleted: Users who have been added to the project but have had their access revoked.
- Primary: Users who have been assigned as the primary user for each role. Primary users will have a key icon displayed next to their role.
4. Name: The name of the user.
5. Role: The role assigned to the user for the project.
6. Last Login: The date and time the user last accessed the current project. The color of the large dot icon next to the “Last Login” time indicates whether the user is currently logged into the project (green) or not logged in (red).
7. Action: The actions available for customizing the user’s project access. The following options are available:
- Change Project Access: Allows you to adjust the user’s role and access permissions for the current project.
- Set as Primary: Allows you to assign a primary role to the user for the current project.
To add a user to your project, click "Add Members". In the Project Invitation menu, enter the user's email address, select a role for them, and check the boxes next to the studies for which you would like to give them access. Then click "Invite".
Depending on the size of your team, you may need to add multiple users to a project. If multiple users share the same project role, you can add them all at once using a comma-separated list.
Note: You will still need to add users one by one when you are adding users with different project roles.
- Admin: Reserved for users you would consider to be project owners. A user with admin permissions can add users with any permission level (including Admin). Admins can also access all tools within a project including creating clips and reports, and enabling/disabling PII.
- Research Coordinator: Best used for the main research team on the project. Users at this level can invite other people into the project with Collaborator and Project Observer permissions. Research Coordinators can access clip-creation and reporting tools.
- Collaborator: Best applied to moderators and other project members who need to use the Video Insights tools but should not be able to invite other people to the project. Collaborators can access a variety of features that are also available to Admins and Research Coordinators (e.g., Clipping, Playlist and Workspace creation). The main limitation is that collaborators cannot add other users to the project.
- Project Observers (formerly View Only): Best reserved for any person that should be able to view the live project and the archive, but not edit the archived content or invite other users. Importantly, if privacy controls are set on a project or individual videos within it, Project Observers will only be able to see an anonymized version of the video. This is critical when managing access to project content in markets that have stringent privacy regulations.
User roles have the following access levels throughout Video Insights:
- User Management: Adding users, viewing the user list.
- Media Management: Uploading documents and video files, creating clips and adding tags.
- Workspaces & Reports: Creating workspaces, playlists, and highlight pages.
- Project Management: Editing the project title, adding a description, adding and deleting studies.
Note: All users have the ability to share and download content
Adjusting User Access
To change the role or access permissions for an individual project user, click the "Actions" button for that user and select "Change project access".
From the Edit Project Access page, you can change the user's role and remove or add them to a specific project. To change a user's role or access to certain projects, you would need to select the specific boxes with the role and / or project you would like your user to have.
Once you have made your selections, click "Save" at the bottom right of the page to save and apply your changes.
If you're having trouble adding a new user to your project, please contact the VI support team at email@example.com with the following information:
- Project name and number
- Name and email (of the user you would like to add)