To keep your content secure, access to Video Insights is given on a project-by-project basis. The below instructions outline how to add a user to a project, and provide the information you need to select the appropriate role.
To add a user to your project, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the project.
- Click the "Setup" drop-down box in the project toolbar.
- Select "Project Members".
- Click the green "Add Members" button on the left-hand side of the page.
- Enter the user's email address and select the type of access you would like to give them. Then click "Invite".
Need to add multiple users? Click here to learn more.
The most common roles to give are Collaborator and Project Observer, but can be any one or more of the following:
- Admin: Reserved for users you would consider to be project owners. A user with admin permissions can add users with any permission level (including Admin). Admins can also access all tools within a project including creating clips and reports, and enabling/disabling PII.
- Research Coordinator: Best used for the main research team on the project. Users at this level can invite other people into the project with Collaborator and Project Observer permissions. Research Coordinators can access clip-creation and reporting tools.
- Collaborator: Best applied to moderators and other project members who need to use the Video Insights tools but should not be able to invite other people to the project. Collaborators can access a variety of features that are also available to Admins and Research Coordinators (e.g., Clipping, Playlist and Workspace creation). The main limitation is that collaborators cannot add other users to the project.
- Project Observers (formerly View Only): Best reserved for any person that should be able to view the live project and the archive, but not edit the archived content or invite other users. Importantly, if privacy controls are set on a project or individual videos within it, Project Observers will only be able to see an anonymized version of the video. This is critical when managing access to project content in markets that have stringent privacy regulations.
A role with the “Now” addition indicates that the user is operating in our free tier of Video Insights, VI Now. The below outlines the difference between each role.
- Now Admin: Reserved for users you would consider to be project owners or users that should have invite access. A user with Now Admin permissions can add other users as Now Admins, as Now Collaborators, and Project Observers. Admins can access all of the tools available to our free tier and they can invite other users to the project.
- Now Collaborator: Best applied to moderators and other project members who need to view the archive but should not be able to invite other people to the project.
In the event that a higher-level project member (e.g., Admin) should not be able to see non-anonymized content for research conducted in certain markets, the Project Observer role can be added to that member’s role set. This would preserve the higher-level privileges of the more senior role, but would restrict access to certain videos if privacy controls are enabled.
Adjusting User Access
From the setup tab, select "Project Members" and then find the user for which you would like to adjust permissions.
Once you select the user, click the "Actions" toggle button and select "Change project access".
3. From the Edit Project Access page, change the user's role and remove or add them to a specific project. To change a user's role or access to certain projects, you would need to select the specific boxes with the role and / or project you would like your user to have.
4.Once you've made your selections, click "Save" at the bottom right of the page.
If you're having trouble adding a new user to your project, please contact the VI support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Project name and number
- Name and email (of the user you would like to add)